Bayanihan to Heal as One Act states that 18 million poor families will receive P5,000 to P8,000 a month for two months, or in April and May.
- The DOF (Department of Finance) will provide technical assistance to the DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development) in forming a consolidated database that will host COVID-19 social amelioration programs.
- The database will be derived from existing beneficiary lists submitted by government agencies and LGUs (local government units), and will be used to determine the subsidy amounts for household beneficiaries.
Social amelioration defined how much each family would be receiving based on the regional minimum wage.
The table below show how much each family would be receiving based on the regional minimum wage per month (April & May).
|Cordillera Administrative Region||P5,500|
List of all qualified to receive the Social Amelioration Program of the Government.
- Senior Citizen
- Pregnant woman & lactating mother
- Solo Parent
- OFW (distress at repatriated)
- Indigenous people
- Homeless people
- Self-employed (Contractual or Seasonal worker, Subcontractor)
- Informal Settlers
- Micro-entrepreneurs & Producers
- Small store owners
- Sub-minimum wage earners
- All Filipino “no work, no pay”
(Like jeepney and tricycle drivers, PUJs, UVs, PUBs, Transport Network Vehicles (TNVS), Transport Network Companies (TNC), construction worker, laundrywomen, manicurist, etc.)
How to receive the Social Amelioration Package?
- The local government (LGU) will distribute the Social Amelioration Card (SAC) forms to their constituents. This is will be done through a “House to house basis.”
- The head of the family will write the information needed in the said SAC form. It is very important to give complete information in the said document.
- Please make sure that you complete the information needed in the said form.
- Please submit the said form, only to the authorized representative of the local government that will return to your house.
- The DSWD and other concern agencies will send assistance through the Local Government (LGU).
REMINDERS: The SAC form is only a validation tool that can easily locate and determine those who are in need of immediate help.
We intended to give all of the Social Amelioration Program but the distributions will depend on the level of necessity.
We are looking forward to your cooperation, generosity, and understanding of which are very much appreciated.
For more information you may coordinate to DSWD (8951-2803).